Reporting to the Director General of the Treasury and managed by a Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive, AFT is an agency with national scope (SCN).
To fulfil its State debt and cash management duties, AFT has the following units:
1. Cash Unit
2. Debt Unit
3. Post-Trade Operations and Risk Monitoring Unit
4. Research and strategy Unit
5. Macroeconomic Unit
6. Communication Unit
7. IT Unit
8. Internal Control, Compliance, Risk Policy and Legal Affairs Unit
- drawing up cash forecasts;
- relations with the Banque de France as the Treasury’s banker;
- relations with government authorising officers and accountants;
- cash management transactions: loans and deposits, repos of government Securities.
- auctions, syndications, buybacks;
- relations with the primary dealers;
- proactive debt management transactions;
- promotion of Treasury securities to investors.
- review and settlement of financial transactions and reporting all data to the Ministry’s Budget and Accounting Control Department;
- debt redemption and coupon payments
- credit, counterparty and settlement risk monitoring for all financial transactions; margin call management
- management of the administration of the Government Debt Fund
- quantitative contribution to the definition and the execution of the State financing strategy
- interest rate markets monitoring and relations with primary dealers strategists
- coordination of working groups with other public issuers (EU, OECD, etc.)
- secretariat of the AFT Strategic Committee
- assessing the impact on the fixed income markets of the macroeconomic and financial climate, fiscal and monetary policies and discussions on structural policies;
- talking with French and foreign investors and market stakeholders;
- relations with rating agencies
- external communication: reporting on AFT’s work and assignments and promoting events to the financial community and the media;
- internal communication: monitoring and gathering information, creating communication tools;
- digital communication: website management and deploying AFT's digital presence.
- administering and operating the information system to provide the information technology tools necessary for AFT's tasks;
- leading projects to implement new software and services;
- monitoring and applying the information system security policy and maintaining information technology resources under the business continuity plan.
- implementation of internal control of transactions, definition of the general activity framework and preparation of risk maps for AFT and the Social Security Debt Repayment Fund
- coordination of various audits, coordination and secretariat for the AFT Risk Committee
- legal and compliance risk management for AFT and the Social Security Debt Repayment Fund’s transactions
- management of the rules of conduct for AFT staff, definition of AFT’s confidentiality policy and monitoring their implementation