Agence France Trésor (AFT) announces the launch of the selection process for its primary dealers (Spécialistes en Valeurs du Trésor – SVT) for the period 2022-2024. The primary dealers will be appointed until 31 December 2024, as set out in the Primary Dealer Charter.
Primary dealers are AFT’s special counterparties for all its trading activities. They advise and assist AFT in its debt issuance and management policy, and more generally, in all matters involving the smooth operation of markets.
The list of primary dealers will be approved by Bruno Le Maire, Minister for the Economy, Finance and the Recovery, on a proposal from the Director General of the Treasury and based on the opinion of a selection committee chaired by Jean-Claude Trichet, Honorary Governor of the Banque de France and former President of the European Central Bank.
The selection committee, which will meet in November, comprises six other members:
- Mme Bénédicte Peyrol, Member of Parliament, Member of the National Assembly’s Finance, General Economy and Budget Monitoring Committee, and Special rapporteur of a report on appropriations for the “Central Government Financial Commitments” mission
- M. Jérôme Bascher, Senator, Secretary of the Senate’s Finance Committee and Special rapporteur of a report on appropriations for the “Central Government Financial Commitments” mission
- Mme Nathalie Aufauvre, Director General for Financial Stability and Operations at the Banque de France, representing the Governor of the Banque de France
- M. Jean-Philippe de Saint Martin, General Inspector of Finance
- M. Benoît de Juvigny, Secretary General of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers and Alexandra Givry, Head of Data and Surveillance at the Autorité des Marchés Financiers, representing the President of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers.
Financial institutions interested in becoming primary dealer should contact Agence France Trésor.
+33 1 40 04 15 50