Agence France Trésor (AFT) has announced the launch of the selection process for its primary dealers for the period 2019-2021. The primary dealers will be appointed until 31 December 2021, as set out in the Primary Dealer Charter.
Primary dealers are AFT’s special counterparties for all its trading activities. They advise and assist AFT in its debt issuance and management policy, and more generally, in all matters involving the smooth operation of markets.
The list of primary dealers will be approved by Bruno Le Maire, Minister for the Economy and Finance, on a proposal from the Director General of the Treasury and based on the opinion of a selection committee.
The selection committee will meet in November. It will be chaired by Christian Noyer, Honorary Governor of the Banque de France. The committee comprises seven other members:
- Dominique David, Member of Parliament, Member of the National Assembly’s Finance, General Economy and Budget Monitoring Committee, and Special Co-rapporteur of a report on appropriations for the “Central Government Financial Commitments” mission
- Nathalie Goulet, Senator, Secretary of the Senate’s Finance Committee and Special rapporteur of a report on appropriations for the “Central Government Financial Commitments” mission
- Nathalie Aufauvre, Director General for Financial Stability and Operations at the Banque de France, representing the Governor of the Banque de France
- Thierry Bert, General Inspector of Finance
- Benoît de Juvigny, Secretary General of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers and Alexandra Givry, Head of Market Surveillance at the Autorité des Marchés Financiers, representing the President of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers
- Sylvain de Forges, former Director General of Agence France Trésor, acting as an outside expert
Financial institutions interested in becoming primary dealer should contact Agence France Trésor.
+33 1 40 04 15 50